Monday, February 20, 2012

PICU - day 14 - Monday

The morning started off early...4:30am Emylie got her morning chest x-ray. I was worried that she wouldn't be able to get back to sleep but she only opened her eyes for just a minute and was back to sleep before the x-ray machine was out the door. The nurse said he had to suction her about every hour to 2 hours and was getting a good amount out. She only needed 35% oxygen through the night until about 6:45-7:20am. Paul had to turn her up to 45% because she was desatting and requiring more frequent suctioning. They had me leave for shift change a little after 7. Emylie was awake at that time and thankfully she was okay with me leaving the room. When I came back in, she was watching Dora and had her Minnie and two horses on her lap. She asked for her red and then blue chapstick and applied each one. She looked so tired. I asked her if she was tired and she shook her head no. I started to tickle her face and her eyes closed. She held my hand for a little bit and then was fast asleep. I am grateful she is able to get some sleep. I know that is going to help her get better.
I am waiting for the doctors to round to get the plan for the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment