Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Home

Having Emylie home has been wonderful. I think we all are getting better sleep. Seeing Emylie move around in her own environment has emphasized just how weak her little body is. The first couple days she was not able to pull herself up to the side of her crib...she is making progress with that yesterday. She also needed support to sit in her bed or on the floor and is not needing as much support as the first two days. On Sunday she was sitting in her little chair and leaned towards her right side and was unable to get herself back up. She reached out for Dave's hand for help. She is almost completely done with the weaning of medications. She continues to use more oxygen, but for the most part they have told us not to even try and get her on less for at least one week. Considering what her little body has been through in the last few weeks I would say she is doing well. She has enough energy to play with some toys and then will lie back and rest for alittle bit. She is cheery and still emotional. She sleeps well at times and then fights it at others. She is strong!


We took her to the pediatrician this morning for a follow up. She said her lungs sounded good considering how sick she got and that she thought she looked good too. Emylie was even smiling while we were there. The dr also said that by mid-summer Emylie should be back to baseline!!! Holy cow I have to admit that sounds like forever. It really isn't. And each day we make progress with Emylie's recovery is a good day...I will take it. Having worried that she might not make it, I am SO GRATEFUL she is alive and home and improving.


Our 2nd oldest, E2, has been sick since the weekend after Emylie went into the hospital. I asked the pediatrician if she thinks the cough and stuffy nose could still be the same virus or what. She wonders if E2 has RSV. OK, now my initial thoughts were YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! She didn't test her because she said in the next 24 hours if she has it she will get more snot in her nose and the test works better if you can get a lot of goo on the sample stick. She asked if we had somewhere we could take E2 for the next day and see how it progresses. Then we could test her if needed and if she tests positive send her somewhere away from Emylie for another 4 days. I don't know how you send your sick child to another families home and say thanks for taking her and I hope all your small children don't get sick. If Emylie were to get something else right now it is almost guaranteed she would end up back in the hospital. She CANNOT get sick. I was a little panicked at first. Prayer....faith...pray so more.... that has helped calm my nerves. For now E2 is guaranteed and I have tried to wipe down any surface she has touched today. I am going to do my very best and pray, pray, pray and hope the Lord will watch over and protect all my children. I know miracles happen, the Lord answers prayers and I just have to do my part.


If I could ask again, please pray for Emylie and E2. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment