Saturday, October 15, 2011

Dentist Visit (10 of 31)

Visits to doctors and Primary Children's Hospital are very much a part of Emylie's life. The ability she has to be calm and cheerful when she is there waiting for something is nothing short of amazing. I LOVE the peace she has about her, I LOVE that we can laugh and play while we wait. It definitely helps calm my nerves (I don't have the talent she does).

On Tuesday we took Emylie to Primary's to have her teeth cleaned in the dental OR. We knew she was in good hands with her dentist, Dr. Cameron Quayle and after meeting the anesthesiologist we felt he too was going to take good care of her. Sylvia the nurse we have scene a few times when Emylie has had her bladder studies. A familiar face is always nice (well I guess when you have had a positive experience with said familiar face).

Emylie did INCREDIBLE! I mean just look at her. The anesthesiologist took her out of my arms and carried her into the OR. Dave and I were able to watch from the doorway. She was calm as could be as he talked with her. She was on his ventilator and just sat there until she got too sleepy. The nurse and anesthesiologist laid her back and about 40 minutes later Dr. Quayle came into the waiting room to tell us all went well. I am so grateful for such amazing people who take care of my daughter when I am not able to do what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment