Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What a day!!

We think Emylie has the stomach flu! I am going to give a warning that I may discuss some body fluids that might make a weak stomach turn. I will try not to give to much information though.

Tuesday during the day she had not urinated as much as normal. By evening her stomach was distended and when I tried to get any excess air out through her feeding tube I got some but her tummy was still big. A short time after she had 3-4 watery stool diapers. She fell asleep for the night. No more stool diapers for the nurse and she slept well.

First thing in the morning when I was with her she had another watery diaper but was realively small compared to the ones from yesterday. I figured it was the last of whatever and figured she would be on her way to getting better. Elizabeth got her tonsils out on Monday so I made arrangements for a nurse to come be with Emylie for the day so I could take care of Elizabeth.

The nurse arrived and Emylie's tummy didn't stop. We would finish cleaning up after one diaper change and it seemed she needed to be changed again. I had gone to the store to get Elizabeth some more pain medicine and when I got back the nurse told me Emylie had thrown up! Surprised because she has a nissen, where she is not supposed to be able to throw up and frightened at being in unfamiliar territory. She thankfully didn't aspirate on any of it and the nurse took great care of her.

By the time Emylie fell asleep for the night I think she had about 20 diapers. She was exhausted!!! I am so grateful to have had help today with Emylie. I am so tired from all the day had to offer and glad I had help.

No comments:

Post a Comment