Sunday, June 4, 2017

Dream Night at the Zoo

I feel like the luckiest mom. I enjoyed being with them tonight.
Dream Night at the Zoo is one of my favorite outings. I and the kids were excited to score tickets this year. Walking around the zoo and seeing some of the special friends we have made, other children in wheelchairs, kids with suction machines, feeding tubes, etc. It is an incredible feeling being around other children with unique circumstances and their families. It is a special night for each of my kids. They are all greeted by mascots and get to feel a sense of belonging with other siblings and families. They do not have to have a conversation with all of them, it is just felt. 
I love this picture of all 4 trying to size up to the bears.


Emylie was so excited to see her friend Cash, years ago the two of them helped at the Christmas Tree Jubilee dinner, she remembers and was happy to see him. While eating dinner Emylie also saw another friend, Lily cruising around in her wheelchair. Emylie sweetly called her name and waved. She wanted to go over and play with her... I felt bad because Emylie was in her stroller. I wanted her to be able to go and cruise over to tell her friend hello. To interact and just be a kid. 
Emylie was especially excited to get her picture with Cosmo!

The kids loved getting their face painted, meeting mascots, riding the train and getting to see the beautiful animals.


Looking at the elephants

We had a wonderful time together with some good laughs. I LOVE being with my kids and seeing them enjoy themselves. 

No comments:

Post a Comment