Monday, September 12, 2011

Preschool

Emylie started preschool last Thursday the 8th. We found a nurse to go to school with her after interviewing 2 additional nurses. Day 1 of school was exciting and nervous all together. Emylie didn't enjoy the bus ride, the nurse told me she cried the whole way to school. I met up with Emylie and the nurse at the school. I don't know about Emylie, but I was really glad I got to go with her for the first day. I tried to just observe and also be available if the nurse had questions or needed help. Emylie did fabulous at school.


She met her teachers: Teacher Rachelle and Teacher Jill

She got right in and played with the toys and her teacher.


She participated in circle time as they just happened to sing one of her favorite songs: The Wheels on the Bus.



She pretended to have a snack with the other kids. Teacher Jill was fantastic at pretending with Emylie. She gave her pretend water and pretend marshmallows - they even counted them as they were given.



In small groups she got to cut straws with scissors. She thought one of her classmates was hilarious as he said "snap" as he cut the straws.

Overall I think Emylie enjoyed her first day of school. Friday she did a little better with the bus ride and Monday the nurse said she didn't cry at all either way.




I am so grateful she is enjoying school and that she looks forward to going. It sure helps when it comes time for her to leave. It is definitely a adjustment for me and each day gets a little easier. I cannot describe how much I miss her while she is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment